I’m Erica Ellis, a researcher, strategist and designer based in San Francisco, CA. Currently, I’m a Senior Product Designer at Workday, leading the design practice and creating innovative product experiences backed by research and testing.
I have over 8 years of industry experience continually crossing, and occasionally blurring, the lines between visual design, user experience, product and research. Most recently, I’ve been integrating design and systems thinking into the foundation of how products are built — focusing on the entire journey users have with a brand. I would like to continue building design culture and practices within product teams, while exploring a broader service design approach, providing a holistic experience and deeper impact for both the user and business.
Outside of work, you can find me exploring the outdoors, biking around the city, climbing a rock wall, reading a book, or watching a documentary on Netflix.
- Strategic planning, thinking, doing and communicating
- Workshop and meeting facilitation
- Leading design practices within product teams
- Lean UX, lean startup, and agile methodologies
- Considering all channels and touchpoints as a single experience
- Fostering understanding of users
- Developing and conducting generative and evaluative research
- Synthesizing and prioritizing research insights
- Collaborating with talented cross-functional teams
- Translating research findings into actionable design direction
- Cultivating client relationships
I’ve worked with products across finance, medical, healthcare, insurance, human resources, conversational UI, and the connected home from startups to large enterprises to nonprofits. The power of my process and design thinking can be equally impactful in any sector.